Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dropbox Uploader in terminal

Since I am working on shaggy remotely these days, I need a way to transfer code and files to shaggy, execute and transfer them back to my computer. For security issue I need to ssh eniac.seas.upenn.edu and then ssh shaggy and this renders scp command annoying. There are a couple of ways to do it and here's my experience.

1. github
This works professionally, no doubts. Just clone the repository on shaggy and push and pull it.

2. scp
Need to scp to eniac first and then shaggy.

3. Dropbox uploader
There is a bash tool called dropbox_uploader[1] and I can upload files to my Dropbox within a single line.


Usage: ./dropbox_uploader.sh [OPTIONS]...
Options:
        -u [USERNAME] (required if not hardcoded)
        -p [PASSWORD]
        -f [FILE/FOLDER] (required)
        -d [REMOTE_FOLDER] (default: /)
        -v Verbose mode

It's convenient to send the results one way back to my computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment